Re: copying/creating VCDs

On Mon, 11 Mar 2002 02:21:54 +1100
Davor Balder <dbalder@ozemail.com.au> wrote:

> Is there an easy way to create copies of VCDs? I know there is a
> special format (two tracks according to specifications)... I guess I
> could just simply copy the actual mpeg file from the CD... But, is
> there an easy way to actually copy the VCD using the standard tools
> like cdrecord and the like? I hate using windows for this!!

Yes, use cdrdao. The following should do the trick (unless the VCD
itself is damaged):

cdrdao read-cd --paranoia-mode 2 --read-raw --driver \
     generic-mmc --device 0,0,0 data.toc

There are other tools: readvcd (which does just that) and vcdimager (a
vcd mastering tool) and vcdgear (a binary-only windo$ tool with *n*x
ports).