Re: questions about fvwm config, XF86Setup, fonts

xucaen wrote:

> > I would purge all of your X3.3.6 packages and install
> > x-window-system-core to ensure you have the essential X4 packages.
>
> quick question; is there a simple way to purge my X 3.3.6 packages or will
> I have to remove them all one by one? and does X4 still use the same file
> names for it's configuration (.Xsessions, startx, .xinitrc, .Xdefaults,
> etc...)?

If you originally installed X3.3 using a metapackage (task-x-window ? Been a
while since I ran potato...) then you could try removing that, dselect should
show you its deps when you do so. The main config file is now XF86Config-4.
In woody and sid selecting stuff like WM's and DE's is done using
update-alternatives.

--
Simon Hepburn.