files disappearing??? apt-get fun?

  not sure how it happened but this is second time that I have found out
files missing on my computer, I think it's after upgrade but can't be
sure.

  some time ago I suddenly found out that xvncviewer file is no longer
on my computer, it was still listed in locate output and xvncviewer
package was installed but the program itself was gone. reinstalling
xvncviewer worked, I didn't find anything else missing.

  today same thing happened with /usr/X11R6/bin/fvwm* files (they were
in locate output, the package was listed as installed but the files were
not there!)

  not sure if there's anything else missing - is there any way to easily
check the integrity of debian system (whether the files that system
thinks are installed are really there)?

  I used apt-get and aptitude (didn't find similar bug for apt, aptitude
or dpkg).

  any ideas? TIA

	erik