RE: VPN on Kernel 2.4.18

Vector,

Make sure eth0 is public ip or change the rulez if its eth1

Of course you need IP Forwarding rule and masquerade connections first.

Then you need to enable source NAT if you have static IP,

iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o eth0 -j SNAT --to ip_address_of_eth0

This gets your internal network masq to the outside.

After you get set up there, add these rulez for forwarding port 1723 and IP 47 to your internal box in enable PPTP routed connections to internal box.

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -p TCP -d (public IP) --dport 1723 -j DNAT --to (internal IP):1723

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -p 47 -d (public IP) -j DNAT --to (Internal IP)

After that you should be able to work it.

Only problem, is I haven't added any rulez to tighten down the firewall which I am still working on, plus you need to make some kind of script so everything works upon reboot, still working on that too, I'm still a newb haha.

Hope this helps

Let me know what your results come out to be!

Cheers

-Daveng works upon reboot, still working on that too, I'm still a newb haha.

n, plus you need to make some