From: Ben Collins [mailto:bcollins@debian.org]
Sent: Saturday, March 09, 2002 11:31 AM
To: Mark Dascher
Cc: Oliver Elphick; debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: /etc/passwd file, and USERSPEC.H

On Sat, Mar 09, 2002 at 11:10:40AM -0500, Mark Dascher wrote:
> OK.  Do you know how I would switch from the /etc/shadow aging info to the
> /etc/password aging info?  I already ran pwunconv, but it doesn't seem to
> unconv the aging information.  It's not too big a deal if you don't know
> how; I'm just trying to see what I have to do to make it work like the man
> page says.  :)

We don't support the old password aging. Why would you even want to use
un-shadowed passwords? You do realize it opens your system to brute
force attacks agains the password hashes, right?

/       Ben Collins    --    Debian GNU/Linux    --    WatchGuard.com      \
`          bcollins@debian.org   --   Ben.Collins@watchguard.com           '