Re: Certificate printer software? / turboprint

On Fri, 08 Mar 2002 16:38:54 +0100, Joachim Fahnenmueller wrote:

>Hi Stan,
>
>turboprint (http://www.turboprint.de) works for many printers and does really a good job. However, it is not free software.
>There is a version which does not cost anything and is ok for many purposes. The full version costs AFAIK EUR 20.
>(BTW, it often causes confusion that you have no English word for kostenlos / gratuit. Can't you invent one?)

Correct me if I'm wrong, kostenlos==free of charge? as in beer?
Maybe the term you want is "freeware" which is not in the public domain,
and can have any number of license restrictions, but doesn't cost $ to
use.  In the above context, perhaps you mean trialware (which is usually
no charge).  Trialware is usually a crippled version of the full (paid
for) application.

Optionally we could adopt "kostenlos" as we have "kaput," "dumkopf," and
"blitzkrieg."  Unlike the French, English speakers have no problem
using/stealing the words that best do the job. :-)
--
gt
Yes I fear I am living beyond my mental means--Nash