No DSP

I have a problem I have never been able to resolve.  If I compile my kernel
with SB16 support I get a dsp driver that allows me to play sound.  If I
compile a kernel with SB16 as a module I am not able to use the DSP, even
after I load SB16 with modprobe.  I just got a Midiman 66, but I still have
to keep the SB16 since the Midiman 66 does not have a slot to connect the
CD player into for sound.  I am wanting to keep both the Midiman and the SB
on the same IRQ since I will only be using one or the other as load them as
necessary.

Why can I not get a DSP when I load SB16 as a module even though I can get
it when I compile the SB16 directly into the kernel?

Lance
--

                                Lance Hoffmeyer
                              lance@augustmail.com

  It gives me great pleasure indeed to see the stubbornness of an incorrigible
                        nonconformist warmly acclaimed.
                                       -
                                Albert Einstein