grabing a pseudoterminal

Hello,

I would like to monitor the output of a pseudoterminal in another
pseudoterminal.

I have an application running in e.g. /dev/pts/0 (I have no control over
how this application is started), and I would like to observe it in e.g.
/dev/pts/2

If I had control on the application, I would simply type
mutt | tee /dev/pts/2
.... but I can't

so I open /dev/pts/1, and try to copy /dev/pts/0 to /dev/pts/2,
something like
cat /dev/pts/0 > /dev/pts/2
.... but it doesn't work (it seems to redirect stdin)

I've had a brief look at grabconsole, and ptyget, but they don't seem to
cut it.

Does anyone have a clue?

Thanks,

	Matt