Re: TV over LAN?

Thomas Hessling wrote:

> > > X forwarding should do it.
> >
> > What about sound?
>
> You're right, that's a problem. I haven't used audio software with X
> forwarding so far but it will probably be played on the wrong computer,
> as Paul already said.

I believe that's what NCD invented the Network Audio System (NAS) for,
to use with their X terminals. I think it works the same way round; ie
it has a server on the same machine as the X server. I can't find
whether ssh will forward it in the same way as X.

Note that I've never used it.

Richard

--
I'm currently looking for work; see my Curriculum Vitae here:
http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/~rhector/cv.html