courier-imap setup

Hi folks!

I'm having some trouble getting courier-imap to work on my unstable
box. (courier-imap-ssl is currently not installable due to
dependency-problem, I filed a bug already).

So, I installed it, and tried to connect with gnus and
netscape-messenger. To no avail. My user/pw combination is not
recognized.

I investigated further (starting imapd in a shell) and had to realize
that imapd requires the file /etc/courier/imapd-ssl, which isn't
there. Even if I touch that file, imapd does only exit right away,
instead of expecting imapd talk on stdin/out.

Any ideas, hints, tips?

Thanks.
--
Tschoe,                http://gecius.de/gpg-key.txt - Fingerprint:
 Jens                  1AAB 67A2 1068 77CA 6B0A  41A4 18D4 A89B 28D0 F097