Problem with TULIP

Hi,
I have a DLINK DFE 500TX REV-C2 network card which uses the tulip driver.
I have installed Potato 2.2.19pre17 but am not able to configure the network,
It failed to detect my DHCP while installing and I had to install Debian using CD's.

When I give dmesg I get the following message for eth0

Digital DS21140 Tulip rev34 at 0xfc80 EEPROM NOT PRESENT.
IRQ10 old style EEPROM with no media selection,

I dont know whats wrong, is this a common problem with TULIP,
If you need any more details please let me know .
Thanks
Kapil

2,000,000,000 Web Pages--you only need 1. Save time with My Lycos.
http://my.lycos.com