Re: unable to mount ide-scsi drives

On Thu, 2002-03-07 at 15:47, Nathan E Norman wrote:

> Did you compile SCSI CD support into your kernel?  If you compiled
> sr_mod as a module, is it inserted?  Does /proc/devices list "11 sr"
> under block devices?
>
> Sometimes you have to a kernel argument like "hdc=ide-scsi" via LILO
> or GRUB.

I compiled the kernel with generic SCSI support as well as ide-scsi.
Everything was compiled directly into the kernel. (no modules) 11 sr
isn't listed under devices. Here's the output.

----------------------
Character devices:
  1 mem
  2 pty
  3 ttyp
  4 ttyS
  5 cua
  7 vcs
 10 misc
 14 sound
128 ptm
136 pts
162 raw
202 cpu/msr
203 cpu/cpuid
226 drm

Block devices:
  2 fd
  3 ide0

And I THOUGHT I had append="hdb=ide-scsi hdc=ide-scsi" in my
lilo.conf... but I just rechecked it and it's gone... hmm... odd...

-Alex