Re: Sun hardware

On Thu, Mar 07, 2002 at 10:53:50AM -0600, Dimitri Maziuk wrote:
> Sure Solaris sucks. When dexconf wipes out XF86Config, alsaconf tries
> to run sound driver with options it doesn't understand, or KDE won't
> install because the same file is included in 4 different packages,
> so does Debian. CDE sucks, too. I don't now why one would install CDE
> on the server... besides, it's not like Gnome or KDE is all that much
> better.

Yes, but Solaris sucks in a supported, released form.  Debian sometimes
sucks when you're running unstable or testing, or when you don't pay
attention and tell the software that you want it to manage XF86Config
when you really don't...

Personally, if I had an 8-way UltraSPARC, I'd much rather run Debian
than Slowlaris if at all possible...  But sadly, I'll have to stick with
my uniprocessor SPARC Ultra 1s with Debian for now...

noah