Re: apt-get build-deps <package> or -b switch

On 07-Mar-2002 Harry Putnam wrote:
> How can I capture the output of ./configure and make during a source
> build with apt-get -b source <package>
>
> I think there might be a small bug in the building of emacs21 that
> way.  The info flew by so quick but I noticed a `no' during
> ./configure that I think was prompted by a missing library
> `libungif4-dev'.
>
> I think that was supposed to be grabbed with
>   apt-get build-deps emacs21
> But it wasn't maybe.  I'd like to rerun the ./configure  and trace it
> down.

a) use 'script'.  Just type 'script' at a prompt.  You will be given back your
prompt.  Everything you type will be saved to a file and can be viewed later.

b) once apt has downloaded the source, you should be able to enter the
directory and do it by hand.  The command you likely want is 'dpkg-buildpackage
-rfakeroot -us -uc'.  Make sure you have the package 'fakeroot' installed.