Back up using tape or remote

Hi Group

I'm looking for a solution for baking up a server that is running debian.

The goal is to back-up the MYSQL database aswell as the critical data on the
hard drive.

Ultimately the client wishes to run the back up remotely from their office
location and store the data off site. However I'll accept if this may be
impossible.

first off can debian support this?
second would a tape drive work and what tape drives are compatible for a 40
meg solution?
Third can you recommend a software that makes this sort of process possible
with debian.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Best regards Billy Kirkley

RadioCity.com.au Limited
Leaders in On-Line Video Solutions

Freecall:  1800-NET-VIDEO
Telephone:  +61 7 3367 8900
Facsimile:  +61 7 3367 8999
Mobile:  0418 985 376
Email:  billy@radiocity.com.au

Studio:  Unit 6, 18 Kilroe Street, Milton, QLD 4064
Postal:  PO Box 1689, Milton, QLD 4064

RadioCity assists clients to achieve online, real-time communication by
offering video streaming solutions that enable people to view video
immediately as it downloads from the Internet.
Why not "video stream" your next seminar, product launch or annual general
meeting either live or on-demand via YOUR website!