Re: attached: error output for X

xucaen@yahoo.com wrote:
I've attached a file conatining the output I am getting from startx.
I don't understand it. Can anyone help?

xucaen

XFree86 Version 3.3.6a / X Window System
Release Date: xx November 2000
	If the server is older than 6-12 months, or if your card is newer
	than the above date, look for a newer version before reporting
	problems.  (see http://www.XFree86.Org/FAQ)
Operating System: Linux 2.4.13 i686 [ELF] Configured drivers:
  S3V: accelerated server for S3 graphics adaptors (Patchlevel 0)
      s3_ViRGE
(using VT number 7)

XF86Config: /etc/X11/XF86Config
(**) stands for supplied, (--) stands for probed/default values
(--) no ModulePath specified using default: /usr/X11R6/lib/modules
dbe: Unknown error loading module

Config Error: /etc/X11/XF86Config:48

    SubSection  "extmod"
    ^^^^^^^^^^^
Module section keyword expected

Fatal server error:
Child error writing to pipe (Broken pipe)

In my XF86Config, extmod is loaded this way:
Section "Module"
	Load  "pex5"
	Load  "dri"
	Load  "record"