tv card colour problems

** I'm off list -- please CC: me :)

Hi there,

I having strange problems with the colours on my tv card. Half the time
the colours are fine -- everything is great. The other half of the time
the  picture is made up of purples/green/blacks/whites -- the picture is
still watchable but the colours are all wrong. This is on a pre-boot
basis -- if the colours right, they will stay right until I reboot, when
they might continue to be OK, or go back to being weird. I'm running a
Hauppauge Primio WinTV card with the bttv patch from bytesex.org on
2.4.17. Debian Sid. The problem happens across all tv viewers/recorders.

--
Thanks,