Re: Email Clients

    "dman" == dsh8290  <dman> writes:

    dman> On Mon, Mar 04, 2002 at 12:57:25PM -0500, Bannerman, Israel
    dman> wrote:

    Israel> To all: Are there any linux email clients that will work
    Israel> with an Exchange system?  (supporting Mapi) I read
    Israel> something about Insight but figured I would get a second
    Israel> opinion.

    dman> I heard that some people, fed up with exchange's brokeness
    dman> wrt POP/IMAP, reverse engineered the exchange protocol and
    dman> patched fetchmail to work with it.  You can look into that.
    dman> Alternatively try enabling POP/IMAP on the exchange server
    dman> and see if it behaves itself.

If all we are talking about is POP/IMAP there are a bunch of clients
that work with Exchange. I use XEmacs/GNUS everyday, and my officemate
uses Netscape 4.77.

You can even look at every non public folder in your mailbox. Even
your calendar, but (ofcourse) M$ will not export useful stuff like
your appointment time and date and so on over the IMAP interface, just
the header from the invitation message......I guess that is what the
MAPI thing is for, huh?

/Shyamal