Gnome doesn't save session

Hi,

I have a little problem with gnome 1.4 : as user, X environment starts with both IceWM and Gnome panels and with IceWM window manager. Yet, i have configured the Window Manager section to use Sawfish. Moreover nothing is saved at the end of my session (backgroung, icons of panel,...) and i have to set everything again when i restart X.
As root, i don't have this problem
I checked authorizations of files in my user's directory, but i didn't solved this problem because i don't know which file is used to stored my personal settings.
Any ideas
Thanks by advance

Axel