Re: X not starting properly in woody

Xucaen wrote:
sits there. I am able to move the mouse pointer
and I am able to switch between local terminals
so I know the system didn't hang. I get no menus,
no xterms, and worst of all: no error messages!

Did you take a look at /var/log/XFree86* files?

Has the startup script for X changed? I used to
use .xsession and .xinitrc and those are still
intact. How do I get X up and running? Are there

Maybe all you need is to install the latest (woody's) X server.

Oki