Re: Everything about Sendmail is Slow

On Mon, Mar 04, 2002 at 01:52:56PM -0800, Dave Scott wrote:
| Richard, thanks for the help :)
|
| Ok I did some more testing on it.

| As far as the "sendmail -bt -d0.13" command.  It comes up with a error
| half way though that says:  "WARNING: local host name (localhost) is not
| qualified; fix $j in config file ADDRESS TEST MODE (ruleset 3 NOT
| automatically invoked)"
|
| -------------------
| The hosts file reads
|
| 127.0.0.1                 localhost        rapids
| mail.server.ip.address    rapids.mydomain.org         rapids
| ---------------

Change the first line to read

 127.0.0.1                 rapids.mydomain.org  rapids  localhost

I've noticed that looking up the hostname will return the first name
given in /etc/hosts.  That's why you want to put the "real" name in
front of "localhost".

HTH,
-D

--

The lot is cast into the lap,
but its every decision is from the Lord.