Re: date user logged in?

On Sun, Mar 03, 2002 at 08:17:58PM -0500, Michael P. Soulier wrote:

>     Currently, a last on my firewall box shows the "date" user logged in from
> yesterday at 06:28. Now, since that's when my crons run, I suspect this box
> has not been cracked, but can someone confirm this for me?

I don't recall ever seeing an entry for user "date" in last.  The
user doesn't even exist on the two boxes (one mostly potato, one
woody) I just checked.

> [msoulier@rabbit msoulier]$ last
> msoulier pts/0        tigger           Sun Mar  3 20:12   still logged in
> msoulier pts/0        tigger           Sat Mar  2 09:29 - 12:20  (02:51)
> date     {                             Sat Mar  2 06:28   still logged in
> date     |                             Sat Mar  2 06:28   still logged in

date being logged in from "{" and "|" is quite worrisome as well.
The situation does not look good, IMO.

have already won. - reverius

Innocence is no protection when governments go bad. - Tom Swiss