eepro100 with P4 (Gateway E-3600)

I was wondering if anyone has Linux running on a Gateway E-3600.

I recompiled the kernel with 2.4.17 and the eepro100.

Are there any issues with the eepro100 and and the 2.4.17 ?

During downloads, the  machine locks up tighter than a clam.

This lookup occurs in and out of X, so I don't think it is an X problem.

I am also using the nv frame buffer rather than the NV driver.

I don't see any errors in the syslogs.

Maybe I am using the wrong module.

Any ideas ?

Specs for Gatway E-3600:
Pentium 4 1500Mhz
512 MB 133 Mhz RAM
GeForce 2 MX: 32MB NVIDIA(TM) AGP Graphics Accelerator
40GB 7200RPM Ultra ATA100 hard drive
Integrated Intel 10/100 (EV) Ethernet Adapter
Integrated Sound Blaster compatible audio
IDE 20x min./48x max. CD-ROM drive
Ted Knab