Re: mpeg encoder

On Sat, 2 Mar 2002 20:41:39 +0100
Markus Grunwald <markus.grunwald@gmx.de> wrote:

>  Hello !
>
>  > > I am looking for a simple, no-frills mpeg encoder that will allow
>  > > me to make mpegs of a sequence of images.
>
>  I can recommend sampeg (search google) IF it doesn't segfault
>  immediately onyour machine. I had the trouble once and the author
>  sent me a static binary. Now it's my favourite encoder :)

I suggest at quick peek at http://mjpeg.sourceforge.net if you (the
original poster) want to create stuff like VCD's which have stricter
bitrate requirements. I find their mjpegtools to be the most compliant
mpeg video encoder. But are you talking about a mere sequence of images
without audio? Look no further than the gimp.