Re: Getting Handspring Pilot Setup

james martinez <jmarti16@tampabay.rr.com> writes:

> Can anyone tell me where I can get it. Thanks for any help.

You need to set up the various USB devices properly. The Handspring
Visor mini-HOWTO may be helpful; there's a copy at
<http://www.icewalk.com/doclib/howtos/mini/Handspring-Visor.html>.

I have had "set up Visor" on my TODO list for a long time, and your
mail was a good motivator. 8^)= I followed the instructions in the
mini-HOWTO and my Visor is now working. (Well, with jpilot. getting
kpilot and gnome-pilot going is next.)

Some notes:

a) this piece of Perl will create the devices:
    perl -e 'foreach $i ( 0 .. 15 ) { `mknod /dev/ttyUSB$i c 188 $i` }'
b) don't forget to 'chmod 0666 /dev/ttyUSB*'
c) I couldn't get 'coldsync' (from unstable) to work properly; it
   would either give errors or seg fault. jpilot did work, however, so
   if you have coldsync issues, you might want to give it a try.

Good luck,
john.
--
I WILL FINISH WHAT I STA

	Bart Simpson on chalkboard in episode 8F05