USB floppy problem

Hi!

My new HP OmniBook XT1000 has an external USB floppy. I have compiled
kernel 2.4.17 with USB support. I have loaded the usbcore, usb-uhci and
usb-storage modules. When starting those, I get:

usb.c: registered new driver usbdevfs
usb.c: registered new driver hub
usb-uhci.c: $Revision: 1.268 $ time 01:02:10 Mar  3 2002
usb-uhci.c: High bandwidth mode enabled
usb-uhci.c: USB UHCI at I/O 0x1200, IRQ 10
usb-uhci.c: Detected 2 ports
usb.c: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 1
hub.c: USB hub found
hub.c: 2 ports detected
usb-uhci.c: USB UHCI at I/O 0x1300, IRQ 10
usb-uhci.c: Detected 2 ports
hub.c: USB new device connect on bus1/1, assigned device number 2
usb.c: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 2
hub.c: USB hub found
hub.c: 2 ports detected
usb-uhci.c: v1.268:USB Universal Host Controller Interface driver
mice: PS/2 mouse device common for all mice
usb.c: registered new driver usb_mouse
usbmouse.c: v1.6:USB HID Boot Protocol mouse driver
usb.c: USB device 2 (vend/prod 0x644/0x0) is not claimed by any active
driver.
hub.c: USB new device connect on bus1/2, assigned device number 3
input0: Logitech USB-PS/2 Trackball on usb1:3.0
SCSI subsystem driver Revision: 1.00
Initializing USB Mass Storage driver...
usb.c: registered new driver usb-storage
  Vendor: TEAC      Model: FD-05PUB          Rev: 1026
WARNING: USB Mass Storage data integrity not assured
USB Mass Storage device found at 2
USB Mass Storage support registered.

So it looks like the USB subsystem is aware of the floppy. But when I
do:

    mount /dev/sda /floppy

I only get:

    mount: /dev/sda is not a valid block device

What's wrong here?

TIA! :-)

Greetings,

Stefan.

--
 Stefan Bellon * <mailto:sbellon@sbellon.de> * <http://www.sbellon.de/>
 PGP 2 and OpenPGP keys available from my home page

 Oh My God! They Killed init! You Bastards!