Re: 100dpi vs 75dpi sizes

Gary Hennigan wrote:

> could make the window wider, but is there a way to decrease the size
> of these? Looking at the Navigator.ad file is like reading a word
> jumble.

The font sizes are loaded in the order they appear in
/etc/X11/XF86Config-4.  By putting the entry for 75dpi first, it will force
Netscape and other applications to use the 75dpi fonts, and apps that can't
use 75dpi will use 100dpi.  This is how the first part of the file should
look.  Yours will currently have the 100dpi listed first.

********* excerpt of /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 ************
Section "Files"
        FontPath        "unix/:7100"   # local font server
        # if the local font server has problems, we can fall back on these
        FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/misc"
        FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/cyrillic"
        FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi/:unscaled"
        FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi/:unscaled"
        FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/Type1"
        FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/Speedo"
        FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi"
        FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/100

Note that you have to restart X to make the change take effect.
Regards,
--
Chris Olson - Barron,  WI
Network Operations Mngr.