Re: exim and printer answers

On Thu, Feb 28, 2002 at 06:25:06PM -0500, dman wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 28, 2002 at 08:32:17PM +0100, Carel Fellinger wrote:
>
> | ...Okee so you have BSD like lpd installed
>
> | The next thing to know is whether lpd was installed correctly. Atleast
> | there should be a command called `lp', check whether it is there with:
> |
> | # type lp
> |
> | This should tell you where the `lp' program is located.
> | [ Other printer packages use `lpr', but IIRQ BSD uses `lp' ]
>
> The other way around :
>     *BSD    ->  lpr , lpq
>     SysV    ->  lp  , lpstat
>
> (I only know it is this way because 'lp' and friends are in the
> cupsys-client package and 'lpr' and friends is in the cupsys-bsd
> package)

I've worked on both kind of systems, but such a long time agoo, that
I end up mixing them up in all kind of unpredictable ways:)

Good thing that others are reading the posts aswell, the do an awfull
good job at correcting me.  To me one of the benefits of such forums!

So Paul, you shouldn't test for `lp' but for `lpr'.  Try this:

# type lpr

and show us the result

--
groetjes, carel