RE:Xhost + not working

Pedro Quaresma de Almeida writes:
 > In one of my Debian-machines I am not being able to X-connect
 > remotely.

Hmm, do we have a FAQ for this?  Anyhow, the problem is that the X
server, by default, doesn't listen for TCP connections, which means
you can't remotely connect.  I'm assuming you're using X 4. something,
from testing or unstable.

To fix this, you can either change /etc/X11/xinit/xserverrc and remove
the option related to tcp listening (-nolisten tcp), or you can use
ssh with X forwarding--use 'ssh -X' and/or alter the config files in
/etc/ssh/ssh_config on the client side and/or the config file in
/etc/ssh/sshd_config on the server side to allow X11Forwarding.  Note
that using SSH forwarding is the more secure way to go.

Andrew.