Re: Retry.. no more crybaby bs

> In the last three attempts my nic is not recognized and any attempt to
> install one of the 3com drivers is rejected.  I didn't capture any
> error info but will this time if it comes up.  My card is:
> 3Com 3C905B-TX (PCI)

  I just checked, that looks like the same card I have:

00:0d.0: 3Com PCI 3c905B Cyclone 100baseTx at 0x1000. Vers LK1.1.16

  So, it looks like unfortunately there must be something wrong with those
CD's. You'll probably end up saving time by going and downloading this image:

http://people.debian.org/~ieure/netinst/releases/20011227/woody_netinst-20011227-i386.iso

   You can burn that to a CD (it's 30 megs in size), and then boot off of it
to download everything else you need.

   Still, once you get that up, hopefully you could grab some packages off
your CD set or something. You can install any deb package with the command
"dpkg -i [packagename]" . For example, if you are on a slow connection, you
could get KDE packages off of those CD's.

  BTW, the CD above will use Woody rather than potato, but I had great
success with it with the same network card apparently you have. Since the
others are suggesting getting potato and then moving up to Woody, this should
simply be a more direct route so long as it works.

  Best,
     Tim

Timothy R. Butler                    tbutler@uninetsolutions.com
Universal  Networks                       http://www.uninet.info