Re: Mtools questions.

On Thu, Feb 28, 2002 at 10:01:37PM +0200, petrov@mao.kiev.ua wrote:
> Hi All.
> I want to use the mtools, but I don't have the documentations about
> mtools (and connot get it now). When I use mtool from user (not root) I
> show: Can't open /dev/fd0: Permossion denied Cannot initialize 'A:'.
> Need I write user to  group floppy?

Yep:
    # adduser somebody floppy
and then "somebody" needs to log off and on again (groups are only
picked up at login time).

> I want also to allow user to use Zip device. What is to be done
> in addition to `drive z: file="/dev/sda4"' in mtools.conf?

I don't know whether this is the correct approach, but I ended up doing

    # chgrp floppy /dev/sda4

exactly for this purpose. After all, a zip disk is more like a floppy
than a "real" disk.

--
Karl E. Jørgensen
karl@jorgensen.com