Apache fails to ExecCGI properly

Hey...On an a Apache (1.3.23-1) system, ExecCGIs are failing under all
circumstances. mod_perl, mod_php, mod_jk are functioning properly.
Similarly configured machines seem to work proplerly as well, and I've
read over the config file several times and cannot find the problem.
Here are some clips of interest from the config:

AddHandler cgi-script .cgi .sh
<VirtualHost *:80>
	ServerName www.csit.fsu.edu
	DocumentRoot /home/www/csit
	<Directory /home/www/csit>
		Options FollowSymLinks ExecCGI Includes
		AllowOverride All
		Order Allow,Deny
		Allow From All
	</Directory>
	ErrorLog /var/log/apache/sites/www/error.log
	CustomLog /var/log/apache/sites/www/access.log combined
</VirtualHost>

If anyone has any ideas, I'd appreciate the help. Thanks!

Daniel