Re: mouse problems after switching to Woody

On Wed, Feb 27, 2002 at 03:20:41PM -0500, Stephen Ryan wrote:
> Well, without knowing exactly what your problem is, most of the fixes
> have been the same - remove gpm because it gets in the way (having both
> X and gpm trying to access the mouse simultaneously is bad karma) and

Well, this was just one to many: all you guys advising to remove gpm,
please shut up:)  I've heard of not one case where the problem wasn't
simply misconfiguration.  There have been threads in the past, so use
our archive.  In short have gpm repeat the mouse events in `raw' mode,
and have your X config point to `/dev/gpmdata' and specify the same
mouse protocol both for gpm and for X.

--
groetjes, carel