Re: Sound after restarting from win$$

On Wed, 27 Feb 2002 18:06:09 +0100, Axel Minck wrote:

>Hi,
>
>After restarting from windoze (I know, it's bad but I am forced to use
>it for my work) to linux I have no sound.
>Has someone a solution to avoid turning off the computer before starting
>linux?

I've had issues with windows shutdown de-configuring the hardware
such that linux wasn't able to set it back up properly.

After running windows 98 my 3C590 card gets incorectly set to IRQ 0.
Removing the module and re-inserting it usually fixes it but
sometimes I have to reboot again directly into Linux.

Have you tried removing the module and re-inserting it? And which
kernel are you using?

My probs are with a 2.2.17 kernel.  Newer 2.4.x (x>12 or so) kernels
are _much_ better at PCI enumeration and resource allocation.  But I
haven't upgraded this particular machine yet so I can't say if it has
fixed my issues.

--
Richard A. Smith                         Bitworks, Inc.
rsmith@bitworks.com               501.846.5777 x204