Can't access www

I've probably done something dumb...

I'm using Woody, and other than www my dialup ISP connection seems to work
fine (ftp, ssh, X).  However, Netscape, Lynx and Opera all fail to open
web pages; Netscape says 'Connection reset by Peer', and the others say
something to the same effect.

If I use telnet to connect to port 80 of a web site, and issue the GET
command, it works fine. TCPDump shows that the handshake works fine, but
then all the browsers send two packets (neither of which get
acknowledged), then a reset packet comes from the other end.  Don't really
know what all this means - I've just been tearing my hair out trying to
figure out what's wrong.  Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Martin Price.