Re: exim & printer

On Tue, Feb 26, 2002 at 02:33:47PM -0800, paul wrote:
> I have debian potato 2.2. The printer will not work.
> at the command line it will print with cat filename >
> /dev/lp0. No cr, no lf. windows text file will print
> ok.
> The culprit seems to be exim which was sending all
> print jobs to my isp, ie, lp@isp.net and of course
> coming back as an error. exim was commented out and
> now there is a hidden file screaming for exim. If this
> ever gets solved, I, as an ordinary user will have a
> working system.
> Please keep the flames civilized.
> thank you

Please Paul, as I requested before, give us more information.  I
really have no access to your machine, so you'll have to tell me what
you have.  Then I will ask for more information or the output of some
tests.  This may take some time, but quit likely in the end you'll
have a working printer.

Exim is *not* likely to be the culprit.

What do you mean with "exim was commented out" and what kind of error
message are you getting that make you think there is this hidden file
somewhere?

What kind of printer software are you running: CUPS, lprng or what?

PS: this is the second time I'm giving my time to help you solve this,
but if again you don't anwser, it will be the last.  So please react.

--
groetjes, carel