Re: How to Upgrade from Potato to Woody?

At 12:32 PM 02/26/02 -0500, dman wrote:
>| Hmmm.  Isn't it better to first change the sources list, then upgrade
>| Perl, then upgrade apt, dpkg, etc, and then do a dist-upgrade?  Seems I
>| have read that a blanket dist-upgrade from stable to testing is not as
>| seamless as you suggest, but it has been awhile since I looked at this
>| issue.
>
>It (dist-upgrade) Worked For Me last week.  Admittedly it was a router
>type system with not much on it (only 167MB used).

My experience was this:  When I started with Potato and went to Woody and
then Sid that the apt-get dist-upgrade method didn't work (but using
dselect did).

But when started with a woody installation the dist-upgrade did work.
(Although the network install for woody base was a pain due to hanging
mirrors, where I didn't seem to have that with potato).

Maybe that's because woody had the upgraded apt and dpkg?

--
Bill Moseley
mailto:moseley@hank.org