Re: question about Acrobat

On Tue, Feb 26, 2002 at 02:32:57AM -0800, Karsten M. Self wrote:
| on Mon, Feb 25, 2002, ben (benfoley@rcn.com) wrote:
| > On Monday 25 February 2002 09:09 pm, Nick Hastings wrote:
| > > Hi,
| > >
| > > * softguy@citiz.net <softguy@citiz.net> [020226 15:58]:
| > >
| > > Hmm, why not install the .deb?
| >
| > hmm, why not do what you can to avoid using an application from a house that,
| > singlehandedly, led to the wholly unecessary incarceration of a proven
| > advocate of free access to information.
|
| Seconded:  xpdf and gv both read PDF files.

Sometimes.  gv doesn't handle some PDFs created by other tools
(Acrobat, I think).

For the times when gv gives a stacktrace or if you want to use
"bookmarks", 'apt-get install acroread'.

-D

PS.  IIRC, in Germany a law firm doesn't need the backing of, eg,
     Adobe to sue for trademark infringement.  Still, they shouldn't
     have bothered Dimitry like they did.

--

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our
sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.