Re: perl: warning: Setting locale failed

On 26-Feb-2002 Erik van der Meulen wrote:
> Kind all - I seem to be missing some vital setting in my system. When I
> start some application from the command line, I get these messages:
>
>   perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
>   perl: warning: Please check that your locale settings:
>       LANGUAGE = (unset),
>       LC_ALL = (unset),
>       LC_CTYPE = "",
>       LANG = "en.ISO-8859-1"
>       are supported and installed on your system.
>   perl: warning: Falling back to the standard locale ("C").
>
> Can someone point me to a fix for this?
>
> Thanks a lot.

The value of LANG is not a proper one.  If you want an English locale you
should use probably either en_US or en_GB (Great Britain).  More details in
/usr/share/i18n/SUPPORTED.

If you want dutch or another non-English locale, look at /etc/locale.gen and be
sure the one you want is listed in the file, then run 'locale-gen' as root.