Re: uninstall potato

On Mon, Feb 25, 2002 at 05:19:54PM -0800, nate wrote:
> <quote who="Curtis Vaughan">
> > After updating to woody, would users advise to uninstall any old
> > files  related to potato?  Would this provide a significant
> > increase in available  disk space?
> >
> > If the answer to these question is affirmative, then how's the best
> > way to go  about that?
>
> apt-get takes care of this automatically. about the best
> you could do is purge the apt cache, via apt-get clean
> this will wipe out all the downloaded archives on your
> machine that were used to do the upgrade

I think Curtis was thinking more of packages that were in potato and are
no longer available in woody. For that, I'd advise using dselect and
removing everything under "Obsolete/Local" unless they're local packages
you know you want to keep. Some of the apt frontends may be able to do
the same thing - I don't use them, so I wouldn't know.