Re: Good Dual head /w TVout

* Matt Wehland (mattw@webtripper.com) wrote:
> At 04:43 PM 2/25/02 +0100, Pontus Edvardsson wrote:
> >Hi,
> >I'm struggling with the secondary head of my Matrox Millennuim G550. I want
> >to output that to my TV. I understand Matrox does not support this, still,
> >has anyone got it working somehow?
> >
> >As a last resort, I have to buy a new card... What are your suggestions, I
> >don't play games, I only want smooth output on my TV and (hopefully) at the
> >same time on my monitor.
>
> Well I've just been going through the messages on the matrox-linux list
>    https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/marvel-linux
> and the news for the 450TV and up series doesn't sound good.  Supposedly
> the 400TV works well under linux, I will hopefully be finding out for sure
> in the next couple of days, I just got the system with the 400tv up and
> running again under win98, now it's just time to plug the 60g drive back in
> and try woody on it.
> There is also another list you may want to try, video4linux.  I have the
> list address, but not the subscribe address
>     video4linux-list@redhat.com.
> This would be a good place to check card info other than matrox.
>
> Matt

 I found fairly good documentation on setting TV out on G400 on the
mplayer website at http://www.mplayerhq.hu
They use framebuffer and are somewhat PAL centric, but there is another
page at http://www.cg.its.tudelft.nl/~paul/g400.html
There is another NTSC related how-to, but I lost the link to it.

Alex.