Re: Best player for Divx, AFS, AVI etc.

Perhaps you'll find handy that simple Makefile I use
to get and build CVS and stable sources of MPlayer.

http://elemag.virtualave.net/files/mplayer/Makefile

create a source dir for MPlayer and put it in inside,
then type:

make help

[it need some improvements/cleanups though, but works
for me;-] [and no, it is not grabbed from freebsd
ports collection ;-]

--- Alex Malinovich <demonbane@the-love-shack.net>
wrote:
> On Sun, 2002-02-24 at 19:18, Colin Watson wrote:
>
> > True ... but the MPlayer folks are, shall we say,
> unimpressed with
> > people distributing binary packages. See:
>
> You really SHOULD compile your own anyway. I tried
> using one of the
> prepackaged debs before, and all I got was a slow,
> CPU-hungry, unstable
> memory waste. I thought mplayer was just a pathetic
> application for a
> few months. Then I decided to actually build it from
> source, and now I
> have the sleekest, fastest, most stable media player
> I've ever used.
> Your mileage may, of course, vary, but that's just
> been my experience.
> And there are even directions in the install
> instructions on how to make
> a deb of it during installation for easier
> re-installation later on.
>
> -Alex

name=signature.asc