"Resrve" Boot Argument

 I'll be using an external modem with Debian, but there's a Winmodem on
ttyS0.  In order to prevent any problems, it seems like a wise idea to
put the Linux modem on ttyS1 and to block the driver from probing ttyS0
with the Reserve bootprompt argument-
(from the BootpromptHOWTO)

........... This  [argument]
  implies that reserve will most often be used with some other boot
  argument. Hence if you specify a reserve region to protect a specific
  device, you must generally specify an explicit probe for that

....................For example, the boot line

          reserve=0x300,32  blah=0x300

  keeps all device drivers except the driver for `blah' from probing
  0x300-0x31f.

    Does anyone know if I can substitute  "no driver" for
"blah,"   and if so, exactly what the syntax should be?

    (I'd like to do the same with the Winsoundcard)

TIA

Bruce<+>