Re: Swap space

On Sun, 24 Feb 2002 13:26:30 -0800 (PST) Charles Baker <rascharles@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I'm about to install sid, using unoffical iso's, on a
> machine w/ 384MB of RAM. Old rule of thumb was
> 2*RAM-SIZE = SWAP-SIZE . Do I really need 768MB of
> swap space?!?!?! Plus, since the install uses 2.2.20
> kernel, will it be able to handle a swap space larger
> than 128MB?

The traditional method (before swap could be larger than 128MB), was
to make lots of 128MB swap partitions.  In your case, 3.

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net        |
| Jefferson, LA  USA      http://ronandheather.dhs.org:81    |
| 484,246 sq mi are needed for 6 billion people to live, 4   !
! persons per lot, in lots that are 60'x150'.                |
! That is ~ California, Texas and Missouri.                  !
! Alternatively, France, Spain and The United Kingdom.       |