MailMonitor for Exchange delivery from quarantine

MailMonitor for Exchange 2000 has found a virus or encrypted content in the email.
Your mail administrator has removed the affected attachment(s) or part(s) of the email before sending it to you.
For more details, contact your mail administrator.
--- Begin Message ---

On 24 Feb 2002, Charles Blair wrote:

>    I have version 2.2 of Debian, running on a laptop.  I recenty
> tried using dpkg to install the version of xlibs in "testing" and
> got the messages:
>
> > dpkg: considering removing xlib6g in favour of xlibs ...
> > dpkg: no, cannot remove xlib6g (--auto-deconfigure will help):
> > aalib1 depends on xlib6g (>= 3.3.5)
>
>    When I tried adding the auto-deconfigure option, I got:
>
> > dpkg: considering removing xlib6g in favour of xlibs ...
> > dpkg: yes, will remove xlib6g in favour of xlibs.
> > dpkg: /home/wichert/sources/dpkg-1.6.14/main/archives.c:601:
> >   check_conflict: Assertion `fixbyrm->clientdata->istobe == itb_normal'
> >   failed.
>
>    I am tempted to try dpkg --remove xlib6g, but would like some
> assurance that this won't damage my system.

You'll probably get 5 emails simultaneously from people saying this, but
for what it is worth, use apt-get to install. So do something like

apt-get xlibs

This will take care of dependencies. You also probably should do some
reading on the Debian packaging system.

A more sensible reply would be to ask why you want to upgrade xlibs? Be
warned that the effect on your current X installation / system is not easy
to predict, as it conflicts with a number of the base installed X packages
in woody. It is possible that this may force an upgrade in a large part of
your system, which you may not want.

                                      Sincerely, Faheem Mitha.