How to use the Linux Progress Patch (Splash Screen)?

Hi everyone,
  Has anyone here tried the Linux Progress Patch on a recent 2.4.x-series
kernel? I was thinking about getting a little eye candy for my boot messages,
but I can't seem to find LPP for anything newer than Linux 2.4.2 (I'm runing
2.4.17). I tried applying the old patch to the new kernel, but my attempt
failed with several sections not being patched.

  Does anyone know of a way to get LPP to work on more recent kernels?

  Thanks,
       Tim

Timothy R. Butler                    tbutler@uninetsolutions.com
Universal  Networks                       http://www.uninet.info