Re: make-kpkg with -j switch?

On 23 Feb 2002, Richard Cobbe wrote:

> Hello, all.
>
> I've done a fair amount of searching on this topic, but a search key of
> -j confuses a lot of the search engines, so I've not been able to find a
> conclusive answer here.
>
> Is it possible to have make-kpkg supply the -j switch to make?  I've got
> a dual-processor machine, and I'd love to build the kernel with `-j 2'.
>
> (FWIW, I'm using kernel-package 7.04.potato.3 from potato.)

I don't actually use multi-processor stuff myself, but what you are
looking for *might* be in kernel-pkg.conf (see the appropriate man page
and look for CONCURRENCY_LEVEL). You'll probably want to set this to 2.

This has actually come up before on debian-user. Check google with
"concurrency level make-kpkg" and you'll get some hits. I'm using the
version of kernel-package, though. I don't know whether this option is in
the kernel-package in potato.

                                 Sincerely, Faheem Mitha.