RE: Newbie install help

> > I have Windows 2000 (SP2) installed already, so ideally would like
> > dualboot. I have had some bad experiences with Linux installers
> > overwriting the windows bootloader, how do I avoid this?
>
> i don't know if the win2k bootloader can boot linux, but lilo can boot
> win2k.

The Win2k/NT bootloader can boot Linux, but it's a bit convoluted. It's
documented (for NT at least) in the Linux+NT-Loader Mini Howto.

Frankly, I always find it an awful lot easier to just use LILO. It used
to cause no end of grief, but I've found in recent versions it'll boot
damn near anything.

Cheers,
James

--