Re: Netscape: Can't enable javascript anymore

Andreas Goesele, 2002-Feb-22 00:12 +0100:
> Andreas Goesele <Goesele@hfph.mwn.de> writes:
>
> > Since a few days I can't enable javascript in netscape (4.77-2 on
> > up to date woody) anymore.
> >
> > Trying to do so crashes netscape (it becomes unresponsive with very
> > high CPU usage). It can not be a problem of my configuration in
> > ~/.netscape, as removing that directory makes in impossible to start
> > netscape (as javascript is enabled by default).
>
> Per accident I found out that I can enable javascript in netscape as
> root but not as (any) user. I now would assume a permission
> problem. But what permissions javascript in netscape could be missing
> and how could I find out?
>
> Any hints?
>
> Andreas Goesele

I have the same problem with Mozilla 0.9.8 and jre 1.4.  I'm
still working on it though...no answers yet.

I'm gonna try to install the java in my home directory instead of
in /usr/local...see what that does.

jc

--
Jeff Coppock		Systems Engineer