Re: [OT] "-" user on solaris

On Fri, Feb 22, 2002 at 02:56:00PM -0600, Kent West wrote:

| I can't address your issue, Michel, but I've been dying to say this to
| someone.
|
| The only *nix I've ever known is Debian (going on about 4 years now),

How lucky you are :-).

| and this week I was tasked with putting in a new drive and doing a clean
| install of Solaris 7 on an Ultra 1. Wow! Debian is to Solaris like
| Macintosh is to NT on a 486 laptop with proprietary hardware from
| vendors who are out of business with only 16MB RAM. In other words, my
| little experience with Solaris so far leads me to the conclusion that
| compared to Debian (as far as ease of installation/maintenance/extra
| packages), Solaris sucks.

Yeah, I'll agree with that, even though I haven't admined Solaris
much.  It is really hard to find stuff on the disk and /proc tells you
nothing and ...

| Just thought I should make an OT posting even more OT  :-)

:-).

-D

--

If you hold to [Jesus'] teaching, you are really [Jesus'] disciples.
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.